Thursday, April 20, 2006

tag! i'm it...

and i mean it. the only blogs i read have already been tagged, so the tag ends here. that's fine. i think the only people who really read my blog are the ones who tagged me. so here's six things about me that are unusual or unknown.

1- i sort my candy by color or flavor, and eat them in order from least favorite to favorite. usually ending with green (skittles, m&m's, etc) or with rootbeer bottlecaps, banana runts, cinnamon jelly beans, etc.

2- i have to eat snacks in odd numbers. especially candy, cookies, etc. i will usually eat three, and then if i eat more, it will be in pairs, or counted out even numbers to ensure that the total number will be odd.

(my fabulous wife is helping me with these ocd issues, and i am improving).

3- i'm a bit of a perfectionist. i don't think that's strange at all. this isn't just on major projects. simple daily things are included, like completely spreading my bread. whether buttering toast, or making pb&j, it is smooth, even, and right to the very edge of the crust, all the way around. again, i don't see what the big deal is, but my sweet wife points out how odd it is.

4- i'm a trekkie. we don't have cable, so i don't get to watch tng anymore, and i never had a complete uniform, (although i want one) but i do have a lot of reference books, and can explain how replicators, transporters, and warp drive work.

5- i would rather be home, or doing something with my family than anything else. i have no hobbies, or social life outside of work. i miss mountain biking, backpacking, etc. but not enough to spend any of my time away from work doing them, unless my family, or at least my beautiful wife can join me. (i promise, i'm not trying to sound cool or say what women like to hear. i list it as a weird thing about me because everyone i know has a "guys night out," or goes to games or events with friends. it's not only because i don't really have friends, it's just that meemer is my best friend, and if we can't do something together, i just don't care to do it. maybe i'm co-dependent, or just waiting for my midlife crisis. oh well. i'm happy).

6- on curvy roads, i will often change lanes, back and forth, to stay on the "inside track." it doesn't make a noticeable difference in distance or time, but psychologically, i'm saving gas!

in summary, i don't see how any of these things are "weird," but since they have either been pointed out to me as unusual, or i haven't known others to do them, i have chosen them as the six things that make me "normalcy challenged."

finally, as i began this post, i don't have anyone to tag, so it all ends here. so there!

2 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I'm right with you on 1, 3 and 6! Must be related or something weird like that?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Meemer said...

you are both crazy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home