Friday, April 07, 2006

what once was lost, now is wet.

but found all the same! well with all the hullabaloo at work, it was way after lunch. in fact it was basically time for my meeting when i left the office. but that's not important right now. what matters is, i walked over to the state office building, (reminding myself not to stop at the corner and catch a bus) went to the reception desk, and picked up my phone!

it was on. it had the time. it seems to be in good shape. i think there are a couple of new dings on the antanna, but it seems to work.

i now walk a couple of blocks the other way to the church office building (about 20 minutes late for the meeting) and stop by the cell office. they de-program the loaner, (that i never picked up because of my crazy morning) and re-program my phone. at one point, i was removing the battery to find the serial number, and my hands got wet. not a lot, but seriously, some water did drip out.

of course, since it had been sitting on a slushy sidewalk for who knows how long until mr. stateworker found it, i was just glad it worked!

so long story short, i have my phone back, and it works.

long story longer, i got to my meeting about 50 minutes late, but they were just starting. (or they were just waiting for me... i don't know which). even so, the meeting went well. it was interrupted with carryover hullabaloo from earlier in the day, and thus went long. about an hour longer than i wanted it to.

one of the downsides to this belated departure is that the busses running that time of day are the common public transit busses. this is bad, because i'm a regular commuter, and i'm used to the nice, greyhound type coaches the express route runs during peak hours.

i know. no point to any of this. but be honest. you'd rather ride the coach than the bus.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I love reading your posts!
Glad you got your phone back, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home