Tuesday, June 10, 2008

i can't run fast enough...

i still got tagged. meemer tagged me with this runner, blog, post, thing... i don't know exactly what it is, so i'll just answer the same 5 questions that were in her post.

1- how would you describe your running 10 years ago?
basically non-existant. i ran to catch the subway, and not much else. (although i was in relatively good shape. especially compared to two years ago...)

2- what is your best and worst run/race experience?
i'm not what you'd call a "competitive runner." apart from one year of track in high school, i have only run one "race" which was really just the community 5k fun-run. it was cool because i didn't know what to expect, and set a personal best, that i have yet to beat! 22:09. that's a 7:07 minute mile! i haven't come close to that since!
my worst would have to be one of my 5:30am jaunts on the treadmill in our basement. they all blend together, and anything over 4 miles is insanely boring!

3- why do you run?
-feeling fatter and fatter as meemer dropped weight like crazy.
-hitting 220lbs.
-holding my new baby and realizing that i don't just want to be around for my 3 boys, i want to be fun and active with them.
-not wanting my dr. prescribe cholesterol drugs.
-dropping 35lbs.
-sense of accomplishment. (getting off the bus, walking into work knowing that i have already run 4 miles).
-sense of accomplishment. (seeing my monthly mileage break 120).
-increased self-confidence.
-set a good example for my boys.
-fun activity to do with meemer.
-time alone with my thoughts.
-stubbornness.
-not wanting to put the 35lbs back on.
-activity carries over to other aspects of my life.
-working toward goals (10k/half marathon/du-athalon/marathon/tri-athalon).

4- what is the best/worst piece of running advice you've been given?
when i was first increasing my regular run mileage, ice packs and ibuprofen saved me when my knees (just below the caps) would ache after most runs.

5- tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
i believe that peak oil (google "peak oil" for the scary stuff) will have gas higher than $6/gal by 2010.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home