Monday, February 27, 2006

slow learner

big d's random thoughts

so after my previous post, what would you expect the next natural step to be? i mean, after my stellar experience, isn't it obvious what i would do next?

wrong!

i went out and bought roller blades for my five year-old and two year-old! see? i told you it made perfect sense. i mean mom and dad already had blades. of course saturday night was the first time mom's had been used in several years. (i'm still looking for mine.) i'm sure you can follow my logic now! mom and dad were never very good at skating, in fact haven't even tried in years, so the perfect progression is to get some for the kids...

actually, the part that does make sense, was the fact that i alwo purchased knee pads for the kids, and knee and wrist guards for mom and dad. we already have helmets, so after the next pay day we'll only have to keep an eye out for elbow pads, leather gloves, butt pads, safety goggles, shin guards, shoulder pads, ace bandages, crutches, ibuprofen...

of course it is still too cold and wet to do much with our new gear. i guess that buys me some time to come to my senses.

i'll let my guard down and admit that this is all about my pride. see, instead of trying to get my kids to do what i never could, i'm trying to use them as an excuse to try again. while i wasn't any good at it, i want to be. it looks fun... you think i'd learn from this. after all, "pride cometh before the fall."

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Meemer said...

and i am imagining a big fall. c'mon it is going to be FUN!!! We will be roller blading geniusus. I can imagine it all now. Within a week we'll be going off of jumps and doing tricks in the air....

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Oh, Darren... the hoys of having BOYS! Chris' cousin told us he planned on teaching our boys to Skate the right way and to expect LOTS of hospital bills (He competed with inline skating). Oh joy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home